Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Review of Inversions and irregular verbs.


  1. a. construct several sentences with each form of several irregular verbs, infinitive, simple past, past participle.
    b. Construct these sentences following an inversion structure.

a. Spend spent spent -gastar
first column

imperative: spend as much as you can
don't spend so much money on silly things.

ps. I spend 600 euros a month in food for my whole family
I didn't spend too much on my car
I will spend a fortune in my next home
I wouldn't spend a cent in expensive clothes
I might spend some money on christmas lotto.
I used to spend some money on sweets.

Conditional
if you spend too much money you'll be broke




2nd column is the simple past,

I spent four years studing in college

if I spent more time studing, I would have a better job.


3rd column is the past participle

I have spent some money on pizza this morning
I had spent quite a lot of money on cheese before beeing allergic to milk

I would have spent more time with my kids if I had had another job.

A lot of public money was spent to bail out banks in bankrupcy.


b. INVERSIONS

a. He didn't speak to me once
inversion: Not once did he speak to me

a. we didn't lend money to him once
inversion: Not once did we lend money to him

a. I don't buy cigarettes any longer
inversion: No longer do I buy cigarettes, i ask for them

a. He is hardworking and also reliable
inversion: Not only is he hardworking but also reliable


a. I have never had such a thrilling experience before
inversion: Never before have I had such a thrilling experience

a. I have never tasted such a delicious dish before,
inversion: Never before have I tasted such a delicious dish.

I rarely go to the doctor these days.
Rarely do I go to the doctor these days.

I knew little about his marital status,
little did I know about his marital status.

I had hardly started my class when a student felt sick
hardly had I started my class when a student felt sick


I realise I was right in everything only now
Only now do I realise I was right in everything,


i know you well - do i know you well?
i knew you well - did i know you well?
i've known you well - have i known you well?
i had known you well – had i known you well?














No comments:

Post a Comment