Saturday, April 21, 2012

Red Wine Cake - recipe - free composition


Red Wine Cake

Dear classmates


For I’ve been repeatedly asked for the recipe of the cake I had brought to the last lesson before eastern and which the lucky ones of you were able to taste then, I’ve finally decided to write it down for you.
But: since it's not my creation but my mother’s, I hope you understand that I don’t simply want to give the recipe away to you. Don’t be afraid, I won’t charge you any money for it, but what I do want is you to remember my mother’s name whenever you prepare her cake. The best way of expressing your gratitude towards her would be by performing this minor worship ritual:
(don’t forget to scream the name “Ursula” as often and loud as you can), but in case your flat being decorated with inflammable curtains, your neighbours reacting sensitive on acoustic stimuli or the like, you can easily substitute the ritual for another much simpler actuation:
I am perfectly aware of the fact that the eyebrow stunt towards the end of this video is quite tricky. Anyway, bear in mind that both, the degree of elaboration as well as the length of your act of worship directly translate into the final quality of...
Ursula’s Red Wine Cake
As for the ingredients, we need:
  • 200g of flour
  • 200g of brown sugar
  • 70g of olive oil
  • 3 eggs
  • some red wine
  • a teaspoon of baking powder
  • a teaspoon of vanillin sugar
  • two soup spoons of chocolate powder
  • half a cinnamon stick
  • some chocolate crumble

The preparation is rather easy, and since the final result exclusively depends on the performance of your worship ritual, it should suffice to simply throw the ingredients together and bake them in a cake form. (watch out for split infinitives!)

In case of doubt, though, I can give you some rough hints:
  • First of all fill the oil into the biggest glass you have available in your kitchen. Then pour as much as possible of the red wine into the glass without spilling any drops of neither liquid (bad karma!). I recommend to take a moment to enjoy the nice visual effect of the yellow oil bubbles floating in the wine.
  • Crunch the cinnamon stick in a mortar
  • Mix sugar, vanillin sugar and the eggs
  • Add the oil-wine melange to the sugar-egg mixture and keep mixing
  • While still mixing, slowly add the powder ingredients (flour, chocolate, baking powder and cinnamon)
  • Give your mixer a break and fill the mass into a cake form
  • Add the chocolate crumble to the mass and make it disappear from the surface by dipping it under with a spoon a hammer or a sausage (it doesn’t really matter what kind of item you use, but a spoon works well)
  • Try it with 45 minutes at 160ºC (in a ventilated electric oven)
Good luck!

And please send me some videos of your worshipping. I’m sure Mingo is also keen to watch them.
Dirk, son of Ursula

Another delicious cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment