Monday, March 22, 2021

AFI - Short Video Transcribed - Adrián

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1t-OOyePuw

Interviewer – What about Mr. Bean, have you drawn a line under him no more Mr. Bean?

Interviewee – You know, I doubt that he will reappear but um, but you never know you must never.

Interviewer – The people have spoken

Interviewee – Yeah, quiet.

Interviewee – But you know, you must never say never again film, as Jeff mentioned. So you must never say never but I you know you there does come a point when you feel as though you've done most of what you want to do with it.

Interviewer – And because it's not based on language because it's so physical Mr. Bean it simply its popular everywhere.

Interviewee – Yeah, it is it has what we might call the global outreach. So are holidays a misery? Can you go anywhere?

Interviewee – I can't go to many places where you're not recognized and it's the yeah, the thing I find most tricky is when people don't recognize you particularly but half recognize you, you know, that strange thing where they go. Is that? Because it means they stare. They stare a lot and they just look, feeling I wish that person wouldn't stare at me so, you know, I'd rather just you know, hold the flag saying yes.

Interviewee – Few years ago I was in a Land Rover parts department near Peterborough the kind of place. You find me almost. And waiting for car parts, you guys hang around a lot because you know to get a part the guy has to go half a mile to the back of the warehouse and then come back again and he brings it back and he says this is – this is a left-hand one. Oh you wanted to right-hand one. Sorry. I'll go. It takes forever. Anyway, I was standing around with a group of guys and I could see this guy doing that. And he came up to me after a while then he said, excuse me, I don't know I never told you, but you're the absolute spitting image of that Mr. Bean. Said well, actually, I am the actor who plays Mr. Bean and he said I bet you wish you were. Our conversation in which the more I tried to claim that I was the person. Whom he thought I merely resembled less he believed me. But what was funny? How was close he thought I was? He said the resemblance. Have you ever thought of doing any and you know look-alike work; long as Mr. Bean, he said you could make an absolute fortune. And I could tell after a while I had to bring the conversation to a close because clean not only was he not believing me, but he was getting quite annoyed. I was pursuing this line. I am Rowan Atkinson when and clearly he thought I was this total ass. Bit like Mr. Bean goes around the country actually claiming to be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment