Tuesday, March 16, 2021

CG - Paella

 


Ingredients to cook a paella



Cut up all ingredients

I’m going to finely mince three cloves of garlic

Finely dice half an onion

And also dice half of a red bell pepper

Then I’m going to grab a clean tube of squid

Cut it open, cut it in half

Then cut it into some small squares

We are also going to reserve 12 jumbo shrimp which have been 

peeled and deveined

And 8 fresh mussles that I ‘ve alerady cleaned

I just took the beards off them

Rinsed under cold wàter and scrubbed them



Utensils



Paella pan or a large frying pan

wooden spoon or spatula



Directions



I’m going to heat it up with a mèdium-heigh heat

I’m going to add 1/3 cup of extra virgin Spanish olive oil

Once the oil gets hot

We are going to season it with some sea salt

We are going to add the cut squid

After cooking the squid for about 2 minutes

Let’s remove it from the pan

I’m going to transfer it into a plate

Now we are going to add the diced onions

And the minced garlic

And mix it in there

And about a minute after adding our garlic and onion

Let’s add our bell Peppers

About three minutes after adding our bell Peppers

I’m going to add ½ cup of tomato puree

Season it generously with sea salt

And a dash of freshly cracket Black pepper

And a generous ½ teaspoon of smoked paprika

And mix it all together

About two minutes after adding the tomato puree

Let’s return the squid back to the pan

Mix it in there

And add 2 ½ cups of fish broth

Then I’m going to add some saffron in powder form

And then we are going to gently mix this all together

Once the broth comes to a boil

I’m going to be adding 1 cup of round rice

I’m going to pour the rice all over

Then I’m going to gently mix it so it’s evely distributed

Five minutes after adding the rice

I’m going to start adding the shrimp and the fresh mussles

And at this point you don’t want to stir the rice any more

You can just give the pan a quick shake once in a while

Five minutes after adding out shrimp and mussles

We are going to lower the fire to low-mèdium heat

Our broth has been zummering at low-medium heat for about 10

 minutes

And there is very little broth left

I’ll show you how to make the socarrat, that crusty burnt rice in the 

bottom of the pan



I’m going to heat it to a mèdium-high heat for exactly one minute

Then I’m going to turn off the heat, cover the paella, and let it rest 

for 5 to 7 minutes



Then I’m going to take off the cover and unveil it

And then I’m going to garnish it with some fresh parsley, and a 

couple wedges of lemon









No comments:

Post a Comment