Tuesday, January 14, 2020

AFI B Monologue- Younger Self Robinson R,


By: Rosa Miillan, Los Angeles, California, Age 11
Genre: Dramatic
Description: A character talks to a younger version of herself (or himself).
This is me. (Shows the picture.) Sometimes I take out this picture and talk to her. I tell her about what’s going to happen in her future, and I tell her that I miss the past. I tell her that I miss the days when I didn’t have to go to school. The days where I would just eat and play all day. I tell her that I miss all the attention I used to get from people., the times when I didn’t even think to worry what other people thought of me. I didn’t judge myself and my imperfections then, I was happy. I think I was like four or five. That was before I realized there was so much sadness in the world. When I look at her picture, I can feel her telling me that it’s going to be okay, and I want to believe her. There were even times when I didn’t want to be on this earth anymore, but looking at her, I felt that things were going to get better…that I would come out stronger than ever. (Puts picture away.) I wonder what my future self will say to me one day. I hope I can give her strength when she needs it.


+This is me. (Shows the picture.)
-Este soy yo. (Muestra la imagen).

+Sometimes I take out this picture and talk to her
-A veces saco esta foto y hablo con ella.

+I tell her about what’s going to happen in her future, and I tell her that I miss the past. 
- Le cuento lo que sucederá en su futuro y le digo que extraño el pasado.

+I tell her that I miss the days when I didn’t have to go to school. 
- Le digo que extraño los días en que no tenía que ir a la escuela.

+The days where I would just eat and play all day.
-Los días en que solo comía y jugaba todo el día.

+I tell her that I miss all the attention I used to get from people.
- Le digo que extraño toda la atención que solía obtener de las personas, 

+ the times when I didn’t even think to worry what other people thought of me.
-Los momentos en que ni siquiera pensaba en preocuparme por lo que otras personas pensaban de mí.

+ I didn’t judge myself and my imperfections then, I was happy.
-No me juzgué ni a mí mismo ni a  mis imperfecciones, era feliz.

+ I think I was like four or five. That was before I realized there was so much sadness in the world.
- Creo que tenía como cuatro o cinco. Eso fue antes de darme cuenta de que había tanta tristeza en el mundo.

+ When I look at her picture, I can feel her telling me that it’s going to be okay, and I want to believe her. 
- Cuando miro su foto, puedo sentir que me dice que va a estar bien, y quiero creerle.

+There were even times when I didn’t want to be on this earth anymore, but looking at her, I felt that things were going to get better…
- Incluso hubo momentos en que ya no quería estar en esta tierra, pero al mirarla, sentí que las cosas mejorarían ...

+that I would come out stronger than ever. (Puts picture away.)
- que saldría más fuerte que nunca. (Pone la imagen de distancia)

+ I wonder what my future self will say to me one day. I hope I can give her strength when she needs it.
- Me pregunto qué me dirá mi futuro yo algún día. Espero poder darle fuerza cuando lo necesite.

No comments:

Post a Comment